Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DIY Homemade Acne Face Masks

There are many amazingly easy ways to treat your acne at home without spending a ton of money.  Making your own acne face masks is one of them.  What's amazing about them is that they are natural, simple, and can have tons of benefits for your skin.  There are so many different kinds you can try, but in this one I'm just gonna share my five favorites that I have found really work.  If you'd like me to post more acne related tips and advice, please comment below.

1. Honey, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon Face Mask.  (NOTE: Be sure to test the cinnamon on your arm before doing this to make sure you're not allergic).  The honey in this is antibacterial and can be really soothing for acne and scarring, and the nutmeg and cinnamon can help fight acne.  I'd recommend starting by mixing a small amount of each, a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon each of nutmeg and cinnamon.  Then just apply it to your face (you can use a brush, or just your fingers) and leave on for about 15 minutes.  Then just rinse off with lukewarm water and you're done!

2. Baking Soda Face Mask.  This is another really great one for acne, baking soda is awesome for getting rid of acne.  For this one, you just need to take whatever amount of baking soda you'd like (I'd start with 1T) and just add a small amount of water to it until it forms into a paste.  Then apply the same way as above and leave it on 10 to 15 minutes.  Gently rinse with lukewarm water.  It's also recommended to apply toner and moisturizer after, but don't wash your face, because that will just remove everything you just soaked into your skin.

3. Oatmeal Face Mask.   You'll need to cook oatmeal the way you normally would eat it, and let it cool.  Once it's cooled, take about 2 tablespoons of the oatmeal and add a tablespoon of baking soda.  If you want it to be a little more moisturizing or find it's too dry, add some honey or milk to it. This one you will want to leave on a bit longer, up to 30 minutes, then rinse off with cold water.

4. Honey and More Mask.  This one I don't actually know the name to because I saw it on youtube and it really doesn't have a name.  But you would take about a tablespoon each of honey and olive oil, and then just a small amount of milk. Something I forgot to point out earlier: raw honey is best for any face mask recipe and will give the best results, but regular honey is okay to use also if you don't have the raw.  With this one, you can leave on for about 10 minutes, then hop into a shower or hang a towel over your head with your head facing a bucket of steaming water, and then rinse off with lukewarm water.

5. Yogurt Face Mask.  Mix together 3 teaspoons of plain yogurt, 4 teaspoons of honey, 4 teaspoons of lemon juice, and one egg white.  Apply to your face, leave on for 15 minutes, then just rinse.


Hope you liked these face masks and that they work for you!  Comment any thoughts you have below, and show your love by following me through google connect (link is on the right), through google plus, and through pinterest.  I love you guys!

Follow me on pinterest here.


What face masks have you used before?  Have they worked?

18 comments:

  1. I've heard of these besides the first one, which sounds pretty interesting. Awesome post, I'll definitely be getting some supplies to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love natural face mask.I use a turmeric one at the moment but I think I may try one of these.
    I Love your blog!! I'm following :D
    www.cheyrawwrrs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cheyenne! Thanks so much for following! I've heard a lot of great things about using turmeric and I would really love to try it :D and ill definitely check out your blog ;)

      Delete
    2. Great post, can see a lot of hard work goes into your blog, keep up the good work! Xxxxx

      Delete
  3. I've tried a few of these but I'm always curious about the yogurt one! Your blog is off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah I love these! Gunna try some out! I love a good homemade face mask xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative. Great post girlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ikr ;) let me know if you try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting info here. They all sound amazing. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Masks & lovely Blog. <3

    Greets from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete