Saturday, September 7, 2013
8 Cool Beauty Tricks You Might Not Know About
Today is another exciting day for me in the blogging world, because today I will posting my first article about beauty on this blog! It was difficult for me to decide exactly where to start, since there are so many different things I could write about, from skincare to foundation to mascara to lipstick and anything in between. So I decided I would start off with just some cool beauty tricks I've learned that you may or may not have heard of. I really love these tricks because most of them can be done with items you already have at home. And none of them require you going out and buying something that will cost you a fortune. Hope you enjoy!
1. Put toothpaste (regular, not the gel kind) to help reduce a pimple or blemish you have. Probably because of its antibacterial agents and the baking soda in it. I know it sounds weird, but I tried this and it really worked!
2. Hold a business card above or under your lashes to keep from getting the area under your eyes messy. When used on the top, lift your eyelashes as far up as you can, towards where the business card is placed. It really helps you get the most out of your mascara!
3. Make your own tinted moisturizer by taking some foundation (liquid or cream0 and mixing it with about the same amount of moisturizer. No need to go paying extra for something you can easily make at home.
4. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar to promote healthy and shiny hair. It also helps get rid of scalp buildup.
5. Take a small amount of cornstarch and apply as a finishing powder after your foundation. It helps combat oiliness and keeps makeup lasting throughout the day.
6. Use a lipstick as your blush (just make sure it suits your face).
7. When using a highlighting color of eyeshadow on your eyes, first dip your eyeshadow brush in water (just enough so that it's damp). Then dip the damp brush into the shadow. It gives a very beautiful and shimmery effect.
8. Take a regular ice cube and massage onto popping pimples such as whiteheads. It really helps reduce the redness and eventually the whitehead can be wet enough to remove itself from the skin.
Thanks for reading,
What are some of your favorite beauty tricks? Are there any particular articles you would like me to blog about next? Leave your comments and questions below :). I will reply to any comment, just be kind and considerate with what you say.
Follow me on pinterest: http://pinterest.com/hollyleaf007/boards/